I’ve recently been trying to get really creative with making sure my veggie intake is where it should be. It is HARD! So many recipes (especially fast, weeknight ones) are some sort of meat served on rice, which is great, but it’s missing the veggies! If I can get all my food groups into one dish, I’m a happy gal. I love these wraps because they have a blend of everything I need in an easy, handheld lettuce wrap, and if I need to hit different macros it’s easy to flex out/in ingredients to make sure I achieve my goals for the day.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Meal Prepped Time: 10 minutes
1 head of cauliflower
2 T olive oil
1-2 chicken breasts
Head of butter or romaine lettuce
1/2 C “Frank’s RedHot” buffalo wings sauce
½ red onion, sliced
Blue cheese or ranch dressing (use Bolthouse Farms)
1 tomato, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- While oven is warming, rinse and chop cauliflower into florets. Toss in 1 T of olive oil and salt and pepper, then place on one side of the sheet pan, leaving room for chicken.
- Rub chicken with remaining olive oil and salt and pepper each side. Place on remaining section of sheet pan and cook until chicken is done and cauliflower is soft and roasted, stirring/flipping occasionally (20-30 minutes).
- While filling cooks, rinse your lettuce and chop your toppings.
- When cauliflower and chicken is done, chop chicken and any large florets into bite size pieces then toss with your desired amount of buffalo sauce.
- Spoon filling onto lettuce leaves and top with tomato, onion and avocado.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Carbs (+) serve on a tortilla or over rice
Fats (+) adjust up dressing or avocado (-) adjust dressing or avocado
Protein (+/-) adjust ratio of chicken to cauliflower, or add real blue cheese!
Reinventing the leftovers:
Serve on a salad or create a rice bowl. Also makes a fantastic pizza topping. To create a party worthy appetizer, chop and stir into greek yogurt with a bit more buffalo sauce, then serve with veggies or pita chips.